It is with very heavy hearts, that we have made the very difficult decision to cancel all Artisan Markets for 2020. Brighouse BID is committed to supporting the town centre and the local economy by delivering high-quality events. However, at this difficult time, we need to prioritise public health and safety. Due to the Government’s guidelines on social distancing and their declaration that emergency services will not support events, it is with heavy hearts that we have to make this tough decision.
For any questions please telephone 01484 937006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All our markets are local Food and Craft Markets and as an Exhibitor, you must be involved in the manufacture of the products you wish to sell at the Market.
We require that gazebos used by Exhibitors, must be of sound construction and in good order, we also require that all gazebos must be sufficiently weighted, they have stipulated that 20kg per leg for a 3m x 3m gazebo is required, any trader with insufficiently weighted gazebos will be asked to leave and stall fees forfeited.
Charities should please read our policy on applications from charitable groups by clicking HERE
To try and answer the most common questions we get asked please see below, however, this is not an exhaustive list so we will keep adding to it.
- Do I have to bring my own gazebo? Yes you do, we DO NOT provide gazebos
- Do I have to bring my own table? Yes you do, we DO NOT provide tables
- What about gazebo weights? You need to make sure there are sufficient weights on your gazebo so about 20kg per leg if you don’t have sufficient weights you will be asked to leave and your fee will be forfeited.
- Do you supply electricity? No, we do not supply electricity, however, we do permit silent generators but you need to let us know first.
- What about lighting for those autumn/winter markets? You will need to supply your own battery-operated lighting.
- Can I tell you where I want to be at the Market? That is a definite NO and is likely to result in your application being rejected.
- If I send in the application form am I guaranteed a pitch? No, submitting an application form does not mean you will be able to trade at our events, we need to look at all the applications and decide who has been successful, you will be informed via email.
- I’m from Bodyshop/Weightwatchers/Avon etc. can I have a stall? No, this is a Food and Craft Market so you must be involved in the manufacture of the items you intend to sell.
- Do I need insurance? Yes, you do, you must provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance with your application form.
- I make lovely cakes at home and want to sell them to raise money for a charity, can I do this? You can apply for a pitch as long as your kitchen has been checked by your local authority and you have a Food Hygiene Certificate, you have Public Liability Insurance and a gazebo etc. however we always received a high number of applications from cake makers so there is no guarantee you will be successful.
- I want to have a stall so I can provide people with information about a service I provide (eg. mortgage broker/energy switching)? Sorry you can’t have a stall at our event as it is a Food and Craft Market